Bitter gourd curry recipe – Karela, pavakkai, kakarakaya are the alternative Indian names to bitter gourd or bitter melon. Bitter gourd is used to make stir fry, chips, curry, pulusu/ stew, pickles and even to make pakora. I am sharing a simple bitter gourd curry recipe which may be served with plain white rice, brown rice, millets and even with chapati.
This is usually a diabetic nice recipe and even applicable for the aged since there is not a utilization of jaggery and tamarind as correctly.
This karela sabzi recipe won’t be one from any regional delicacies nonetheless my very personal which I make in my very personal strategy nonetheless tastes glorious, all with out the addition of jaggery or sugar.
I do not extract and discard the juice of karela each sooner than making this curry, however it tastes very glorious. Most likely its the easiest way the curry is prepared that lends that particular model.
1. Wash bitter gourd completely. I typically soak them up in a giant pot filled with salted water. Depart for about 30 minutes. Brush off with a vegetable brush. Rinse completely and trim off every the perimeters. Then slice them thinly. I select to keep up the seeds, consuming them typically is harmless.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute cumin until it begins to crackle. Add hing.
3. Add onions, curry leaves and inexperienced chilies for individuals who select. I’ve not used chilies.
4. Saute the onions correctly until they flip pink or clear. We don’t should bown them.
Learn how to make karela sabzi
5. Add bitter gourd slices and sprinkle salt. Saute correctly for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Cowl and prepare dinner dinner on a low heat until the gourd is barely tender or half cooked.
7. The veggies would have wilted off by now.
8. Add fennel powder, coriander powder and purple chili powder.
9. Mix all of the issues correctly and saute for a min. Prepare dinner dinner coated on a low flame until bitter gourd is completely tender cooked. If the veggies look very dry, sprinkle some water and prepare dinner dinner. Take a look at salt and spice. Regulate as wished.
10. Add coriander leaves. Saute for a minute.
11. Change off the vary and squeeze in some lemon juice. This helps to subside the bitter model a bit.
Serve bitter gourd curry with plain rice, roti or phulka.
There are often not many bitter gourd recipes on the weblog however apart from this bitter gourd stir fry which you’ll want to study.
Karela sabji recipe – that’s dry preparation of bitter gourd curry. The sliced bitter gourd is sauteed with onion and few main spices. This sabzi goes correctly with roti or paratha.
I on a regular basis most popular the model and style of karela, nonetheless hubby won’t be giant fan of it. Nevertheless simply these days he started to having enjoyable with it. So I make it a minimal of as quickly as a month.
That’s simple and quick to make sabji that I’ve grew up consuming it. Nevertheless my mom-in-law makes the gujarati karela sabji with besan. Hubby likes that mannequin better than this. I will share it sometime later.
There many properly being benefits of bitter gourd
- Maintains blood sugar diploma (good for diabetic people)
- Lowers unhealthy ldl ldl cholesterol
- Helps in weight discount
- Improve the immune system (if consumed karela juice), Certain you’ll have raw karela.
- Remedy constipation
- Purifies the blood so good for pores and pores and skin points
Because of it has many properly being benefits, it doesn’t suggest that you want to have it further often. Bear in mind the truth that it should be consumed rigorously. Pregnant ladies must stay away from its consumption.
Learn how to chop again the bitterness of bitter gourd?
To reduce the bitterness of bitter gourd marinate the slices into the salt for 20 minutes after which squeeze out the water after which rinse with water.
Above talked about is essentially the most well-liked methodology nonetheless there are a whole lot of totally different strategies to chop again the bitterness.
- By soaking the slices into tamarind water or buttermilk (chaas).
- By together with jaggery or sugar whereas cooking them.
- By deep frying or sauteing in good amount of oil.
- By eradicating and discarding seeds totally will in the reduction of the bitterness efficiently.
Learn how to make karela sabji recipe? (Step-by-step photographs)
1) Scrap the pores and pores and skin of karela, do not peel them totally. Then decrease it vertically after which slice them. If the seeds are mature and arduous then discard in every other case go away them in.
2) Take the slices proper right into a bowl and add salt, mix correctly. Maintain it aside coated for 20-30 minutes.
3) After that squeeze out the entire water using your fist and protect them in a colander.
4) Now rise the squeezed karela beneath working water.
5) Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. As quickly as scorching add cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Enable them to sizzle.
6) Then add turmeric powder and hing, stir.
7) Immediately add onions, ginger and inexperienced chili. Sprinkle little salt to rush up the strategy.
8) Mix and prepare dinner dinner till they begins to soften.
9) Now add bitter gourd, purple chili powder and coriander powder.
10) Mix correctly so the entire masala is coated to the veggies.
11) Cowl it with thali/plate which must have rim throughout the perimeters, so added water can preserve in. Add glassful of water.
12) Let the karela steam prepare dinner dinner till they’re tender and tender. Do stir a few instances all through the cooking course of and make certain that it is not sticking to the pan.
13) Lastly add sugar, amchur and garam masala.
14) Mix correctly and change off the vary.
Serving suggestion: Serve karela sabji with roti or paratha. To have full meal, have dal-rice and kachumber salad on side.
Step by Step Photos Above Must make it glorious first time? Don’t forget to check out Step-by-Step image instructions and helpful Strategies & Ideas !!
Hey! At current I’m making a delicious and actually tasty Karele Ki Sabzi Pakistani Meals Recipe. Karela may also be known as “Bitter gourd” and “Bitter Melon”. First, I’m telling you some great benefits of consuming Karela or Bitter gourd. It has many benefits or advantages of Bitter gourd.
Karela has an exquisite provide of vitamin B3, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, and vitamin C. It is also rich in Iron and Calcium. It’s full of dietary fibers. Karela or Bitter gourd is superb and actually healthful for you. Bitter gourd is among the finest therapy in your pores and pores and skin. Karela or Bitter gourd is filtered your blood and It can most likely help blood circulation is more healthy.
I am sure you need this recipe. I hope you may do this recipe and do let me understand how it tastes throughout the suggestions beneath. Youngsters moreover love this recipe on account of it is not too spicy and actually tasty to eat. You’ll serve with naan and chapatti. Nevertheless it is good or best model with Rice. I’m moreover Karela ki sabzi with rice on account of rice it tastes further glorious.
How To Make Karele Ki Sabzi Pakistani Meals Recipe At Dwelling Step By Step With Photos
Proper right here, I’m exhibiting you the suitable technique to make delicious and interesting karela ki sabzi recipes at residence step-by-step. I’m moreover sharing the photographs then you too can make this recipe merely at residence. That is the explanation at the moment, I’m making the recipe of Karela ki sabzi. It is also potential to be known as the Bitter gourd curry recipe. It’s vitally tasty and easy to make.
If the bitter gourds are too bitter then it’s possible you’ll boil them for 5 minutes in water with little salt and sugar added.
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan ,then add total fennel seeds.When fennel seeds become golden then add turmeric powder and karela objects
Saute for a minute after which add salt and grated raw mango,mix correctly.Cowl and prepare dinner dinner on low heat till carried out.
Maintain stirring in between,so it ought to prepare dinner dinner appropriately and will not stick and burn on the bottom.When carried out add the entire spices and mix correctly.
Prepare dinner dinner for approx.2 minutes on low heat with out overlaying the pan,stir 2-Three events in between.Serve scorching or chilly.
Serving suggestions-best served with daal and rice or any Indian bread.
- would possibly substitute mustard oil with any cooking oil of your different .
- *can use grated raw mango as an alternative of using mango powder.
I on a regular basis hate bitter gourd attributable to its model. Simply these days I’ve started cooking and uncover pleasurable and happiness in every recipe when somebody acknowledge that. I hope this recipe will carry happiness to others.
Good day Anjana ji,
I tried out this easy and yummy kerala subzi, and it obtained right here out merely superior! Thanks for the recipe. Proper right here is the hyperlink:
This appears to be so yumm…first time proper right here in ur weblog..i like all ur pretty recipes..actually really feel i’ll have all these objects correct now..
Karela:(( nonetheless sure u make excellent look tempting u can use mango & fennel sure give good model ought to try ur strategy…
Lovely clicks.. appears to be yummy !!
Nowadays am getting fan to this stir fry… stunning..
Severely am an unimaginable fan of this bittergourd, pretty subzi.
so delicious and seems super good attempt with mangoes…..
good and healthful curry
Love karela with sambar rice…appears to be yum…
You made me miss Mum as soon as extra Anjana 🙁
She makes it exactly the equivalent strategy, merely with out raw mangoes.. I am questioning what distinction would that carry … will try it rapidly, offered that stubborn hubby permits .. as you said, not everybody appears to be a fan of Karela 🙂
Love this all time… Addition mango, that may be a gud idea…
my family is giant fan of karela….and that’s the correct time to do this dish…I am sure they’re going to completely like this
Together with mango throughout the stir fry is new to me… Pondering of the model the way it could possibly be
Depart a Reply Cancel reply
Search Maayeka Recipes
New recipes in piece of email
“Maayeka” means a mother’s residence. I am Anjana Chaturvedi, and I share on this weblog typical vegetarian and vegan recipes from India, which have been handed proper all the way down to me from my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. All of these recipes are “Sattvic” – cooked with out using any onions or garlics – which are known as “taamsic” or detrimental parts in Ayurveda. Hope you take pleasure in these recipes and be blissful to achieve out to me for any questions or strategies!
By FoodBreeze Remaining updated Would possibly 15, 2020 0
Karela or Bittergourd is a broadly modern vegetable all through India. The first ingredient of this recipe is Karela. It is also known as “Ucchhe” in Bengali, “Kakarakaya” in South India, or simply “Bitter melon”.
As a result of the determine suggests, Bittergourd or Karela is bitter in model. That’s the rationale most people do not select this veggie of their meals menu.
Nonetheless, it should be included in your weight reduction plan because it’s recognized for its spectacular properly being benefits.
The Bitter melon is a tropical and subtropical vine of the Cucurbitaceae family. It is native to South Asia nonetheless is now grown in a number of parts of the world.
A nutritious eating regimen chart is incomplete with out Karela or Bittergourd. Karela is a very helpful veggie for diabetic victims.
Other than, it incorporates Vitamin B, Vitamin C and, may also be rich in minerals like Iron, Calcium, and phosphorus. It moreover helps in stopping constipation.
Karela sabzi is a fairly easy and healthful dish. Moreover, it does not require many parts.
I try and embrace Karela in my weight reduction plan as quickly as per week. Low in power, 100 grams of Karela accommodates merely 17 power making it an unimaginable risk for well being lovers.
Since this veggie or sabzi won’t be most popular by all people, it’s possible you’ll do this recipe by over frying the Karela.
On this strategy, the bitterness of bitter gourd is eradicated to an unimaginable extent. Moreover, it makes the sabzi further crispy and tastier.
Although in my case, I identical to the bitterness of the sabzi and try and protect it because it’s.
Vahchef with Indian meals motion pictures evokes residence cooks with new recipes day by day.
Bitter Melon Karela Chips
BITTER MELON KARELA CHIPS
Prep time : 10 minutes
Prepare dinner supper time : 20 minutes
Entire time : 20 minutes
Main Ingredient : Bitter Melon, Karela
4 evaluations thus far
Servings : 4 people
Printed date : March 12, 2019
Substances utilized in BITTER MELON KARELA CHIPS
|• Bitter gourd – 4-5 numbers.|
|• Salt – to model.|
|• Vinegar – 2 tablespoons.|
|• Rice flour – 1-2 tablespoons.|
|• Corn flour – 1 tablespoon.|
|• Chickpea flour – 1 tablespoons.|
|• Pink chili powder – 1 tea spoon.|
|• Garam masala – 1/4 tea spoon.|
|• Amchur powder – 1/4 tea spoon.|
|• Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tea spoon.|
|• Oil – to fry.|
|• Curry leaves – 1 springs.|
- Decrease bitter gourd into lengthwise slices along with seeds and place it in bowl, add salt, vinegar, water to it and protect aside for 30 minutes.
- Take away bitter gourd and place it on absorbent paper.
- Take a bowl and add rice flour, corn flour, chickpea flour, purple chili powder, garam masala, amchur powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, water and mix correctly to make good batter.
- Mix curry leaves, bitter gourd so that batter is correctly coated and deep fry in scorching oil until it is crispy and golden brown in shade.
- Swap into paper towel.
Now bitter melon karela chips are capable of serve.
Achari Karela sabzi is stir fried Karela (bitter melon) with the tangy acahari masala ( Indian pickling spices ).
I on a regular basis thought Karela won’t be a veggie that almost all of people like, nonetheless after an interaction and so many reactions on social media and learning strategies of cooking with the bitter Karela, I actually really feel there are a whole lot of like me who utterly adore it. Contemplate me, whenever you be taught to remove further bitterness from karela it really tastes good.
Strategies For Cooking Karela or Bitter Melons
Bitter melons or karela has a particular bitter model, some people like that because it’s nonetheless some are identical to the bitterness to chop again a bit. Whereas I actually just like the bitter model of karela, nonetheless an extreme quantity of bitter usually become an extreme quantity of. There are two points that you’ll be able to do to chop again the bitterness of karela (bitter melons )
1. Salt the karela after peeling, and protect them in photo voltaic for minimal 1-2 hours. This may increasingly in the reduction of the bitterness to a considerable extent. Merely make it possible for to wash and pat dry for individuals who like your stir fry to be crispy like these achari karela is.
2. For those who want to in the reduction of it little further, as an alternative of washing protect them in b0iling water for 3-4 minutes after which pat dry and use them in your karela dishes. I typically do the first step after which use them.
And are you conscious you really needn’t by away the peel, you too can make a quick stir fry with that too. That’s pretty healthful too. You’ll study properly being benefits of bitter melon (karela) proper right here.
This quick karela sabzi is a stir fry that is pretty tasty with rotis. It is also my go-to recipe as soon as I need to make a quick karela stir-fry.
Karela or bitter gourd is often consumed in India. It has a variety of properly being benefits and is prepared in some methods.
Effectively being Benefits of Karela:
Karela is good for
1. Boosting Immunity
2. Reducing and regulating blood sugar
3. Good for pores and pores and skin and hair
4. Aiding weight discount
5. complete properly being
It is rich in dietary nutritional vitamins B1, B2, B3, folates, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and dietary fiber.
Learn how to Put collectively Karela Sooner than cooking:
Karela or bitter gourd needs slightly little bit of preparation sooner than cooking.
In distinction to bharwan karela for which it is good to scrape the karela, for straightforward karela sabzi, it is good to clean and chop karela into small objects.
Simply bear in mind to discard the entire seeds inside. Now add a few tsp. of salt. Mix correctly and go away aside for about 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes your karela would have launched water. Wash it correctly and discard the water. Now your karela is ready to prepare dinner dinner.
This system helps in eradicating the bitterness to an unimaginable extent from the karelas.
In case your karela could possibly be very bitter, then it’s possible you’ll apply every salt and some tamarind paste to the karela objects.
This may increasingly help in further low cost of the bitterness. Wash and use after half an hour.
You Would possibly Moreover Like
Proper right here’s my simple karela sabzi recipe:
Chop and put collectively the karela as outlined above by making use of salt and retaining aside for about 30 minutes.
Then wash and use.
Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and karela objects collectively.
Prepare dinner dinner for about 15 minutes on low flame till the onions are golden brown and karela will get softer.
Add turmeric, chilli powders and coriander powder and mix correctly.
Prepare dinner dinner coated for about 10 minutes till your karela is correctly cooked.
Now add the tamarind paste or dry mango powder along with some salt and garam masala.
Fashion sooner than together with salt as you have obtained already dealt with karela with salt earlier.
Fashion and regulate seasoning. Your karela sabzi is ready to serve.
Do take note to pre-treat your karela sooner than cooking.
Use inexperienced and modern wanting karelas for cooking.
You need to make the most of dry mango powder somewhat than tamarind paste.
You’ll in the reduction of the chilli powder if you happen to want to in the reduction of the heat in your sabzi.
You’ll add barely water in case your sabzi turns into too dry whereas cooking. This may increasingly help cease it from sticking to the underside.
The onions ought to be sluggish cooked so that they become caramelized. This gives a shocking sweet model to the karele ki sabzi.
Your dry karela sabzi or dry bitter gourd curry is ready to serve.
Have it as a side with rotis, parathas and dal. It is delicious in a homely strategy.
Karele ki sabzi with step-by-step photographs and video recipe.
Karela or Bittergourd, the determine itself is ample for youngsters and even some adults to make faces and throw tantrums for not consuming meals, isn’t it? Khatti Meethi karele ki sabzi can change them into karela lovers. Every my households are eager on karelas, notably my husband. He insists me on together with karela to a minimal of one in all many meals in per week. Every my Mom and MIL have very utterly totally different recipes for making karelas/bitter gourd.
I’ve on a regular basis beloved my Mom’s recipe and he or she has even turned many karela haters to karela lovers. After I obtained married I found a really utterly totally different mannequin of karele ki sabzi from my MIL and I beloved that one too. Now I’ve many different variations of setting up karela sabzi that we on no account develop into tired of consuming it even every week.
Proper right here I am sharing with you the khatti meethi mannequin of karela ki sabzi. It is a simple, easy and quick recipe. Merely take note to remember only a few strategies and strategies that I’ll be sharing on the end of the recipe.
This moreover makes for an outstanding lunchbox/tiffin recipes. For those who’re bored of consuming karela do this recipe to serve it in one other manner for lunch.
Video Recipe –
Completely different family favourite recipes that you possibly can be moreover like –
Learn how to Put collectively for Khatti meethi karele ki sabzi–
It is extremely essential take away bitterness from karela/bitter gourd sooner than using it. Make sure to peel, decrease and deseed them, if the seeds are too onerous. Make jaggery-coconut-poppy seeds mix and let it cool. Extract tamarind juice and protect totally different spices ready.
Learn how to remove bitterness from Karela/Bittergourd –
As quickly as peeled, decrease and deseeded, add salt to karela. Let it rest for 30 minutes, it ought to help launch its water content material materials. Squeeze between palms and take away further water.
Learn how to make jaggery-coconut-poppy seed mix –
In a pan dry roast poppy seeds for 20secs, add freshly grated coconut and roast for a min. Subsequent, add jaggery and prepare dinner dinner on a low flame till it begins to melt. Maintain stirring continually. Put apart and allow it to sit back.
It is also potential to make this in larger quantity and refrigerate in an air-tight container for as a lot as 10 days.
Learn how to make Tamarind Juice –
Take a lemon sized tamarind, add 4 Tbsp of warmth water and let it rest for 20 minutes (approx.). Squeeze out the tamarind extract with fingers. Stress and use.
Completely different of jaggery and tamarind on this recipe –
Whenever you don’t have tamarind and jaggery out there at residence, it’s possible you’ll substitute it with dry mango powder (amchur) and sugar respectively. Though it ought to differ the model a bit nonetheless could be equally delicious.
Learn how to clear Karela/Bitter gourd –
Wash karelas completely. Take away the ends and peel them. Decrease into roundels. Deseed if seeds are too onerous. Do not throw the peel. You need to make the most of the peel within the equivalent recipe or might make a particular recipe using the peel. Hold tuned for the karela peel recipe.
Observe – If using the peel within the equivalent recipe, make it possible for to remove bitterness equivalent to you most likely did for karela.
Learn how to serve Khatta Meetha Karela Sabzi-
This sabzi of karela goes correctly with scorching roti (Indian bread), or pair it with rice and daal as a side dish. I typically pair it with khatti meethi dal, pulao and salad to make a whole meal.
Learn how to make Khatti Meethi Karele ki Sabji at residence –
Heat mustard oil (study the tip, on the ultimate on the suitable manner to make use of mustard oil). Splutter cumin seeds and sesame seeds. Add turmeric powder and mix correctly. Make sure to not burn it. Subsequent, add karela and salt. Mix correctly.
Cowl and prepare dinner dinner for about 8-10 minutes or till karelas are carried out. Make sure to stir in between and protect the heat to medium-low. As quickly as carried out, add purple chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted crushed peanuts, jaggery-coconut mix and tamarind juice.
Mix all of the issues correctly collectively and prepare dinner dinner on a low flame till the entire flavours are correctly combined. Serve scorching.
Step by Step Recipe of Karele ki Sabji –
• Heat mustard oil till it reaches smoking stage. Change off the flame and let it cool a bit.
• As quickly because it’s warmth, swap on the flame. Add cumin seeds and sesame seeds. Let it splutter.
• On a low flame, add turmeric powder and mix correctly. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
• Subsequent, add karela and mix correctly.
• Season with salt and mix.
• Cowl and prepare dinner dinner on a medium-low flame till karelas are tender and tender. Make sure to stir in between. This may increasingly take about 8 – 10 minutes.
• Flavour it with add purple chilli powder, coriander powder roasted crushed peanuts and mix correctly.
• Lastly, add tamarind juice and jaggery-coconut-poppy seeds mix (see the suitable technique to make throughout the above half).
• Mix all of the issues correctly collectively and prepare dinner dinner till the entire flavours are combined correctly.
• Serve scorching with roti or paratha. This moreover makes for an outstanding side dish with dal and rice.
Whenever you do this recipe please go away a comment beneath or share with me the strategies on my Instagram net web page or Fb net web page.
It is also potential to pin this recipe on Pinterest.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel completely free do stand up thus far on recipes recurrently.